MU Picked · Shoes To Step Into Spring
Maybe it's this grey weather that doesn't seem to be giving in but I'm generally feeling blah about my entire wardrobe so I've been texting one of my favorite mothers, personal stylists and our guest style editor, Liz Yingst, more so than usual (this was her edit for a Spring closet refresh). I was feeling particularly over wearing Stan Smith's every day to the playground for another year, so Liz rounded up a list of this season's select shoes that are easy for the playground but chic enough to feel good in. Shop the list below or browse them in the M.U. Picked shop - the little corner of the site for our favorite products for balanced living in motherhood.
- I find block heels always lessen the pain of being on your feet all day. These Riley Convertible Slingback Mules by Madewell are perfect for Mamas on-the-go.
- These Ancient Greek Desmos Sandals are great paired with a skirt or dark skinny jeans. Plus, they are a Net-A-Porter exclusive, so you will only find them there.
- Platform espadrilles are an easy choice for spring, I love these Chambray Binx Espadrilles by Matt Bernson.
- The Beya Woven Flat Loafer by Nicholas Kirkwood adds a subtle pop of fashion to any causal outfit.
- Another fun mule option for spring is the Dallis Mule by Joie. The neutrality of the woven straw fabric makes it a go-to with any outfit.
- Everyone should have a comfortable, but fashionable sneaker. Vince does great slip-ons, especially the Warren Platform.
- Club Monaco’s Mattie Suede Flat is a great option for work or date-night, and you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for fashion.
- Nothing screams spring like gingham – and it’s a fun way to do the Gucci Princetown Mule!
- My sister was visiting New York last week, and we came across the Van’s Store in Soho, she was hesitant to try on these Canvas SK8-HI High-tops, but they looked awesome on her! The white canvas fabric makes the high-top sneaker feel fresh and light for spring.