MU Picked · Second Trimester Summer Staples
As the bump gets bigger, I've found getting dressed has gotten easier because I have a merry go round of go-to's that help me feel comfortable and chic. I compiled my own list and traded notes with Liz Yingst, our guest style editor and a NYC based stylist with a specific service for maternity and post-partum wardrobe editing. We collected the below capsule of our dependably flattering looks for this season and stretch of pregnancy. As usual, you can browse the list below or in the MU·Picked shop where we gather all our favorites for balanced living in motherhood.
- This H&M off-the-shoulder blouse pairs easily with shorts or jeans and has a slight frill for dinner but is affordable enough for day to day maternity wear.
- Another off the shoulder number - this Ingrid & Isabel dress can go to the playground or date night.
- Neha's worn this Rails ciel stripe dress from Intermix since the start of the second trimester. The straps are little ties that add a sweet detail but also let you adjust to get more comfortable as the pregnancy progresses.
- We discovered this HATCH long sleeve henley at their headquarters and Neha's been wearing it twice a week since. It's so soft and has smooth lines that are ultra flattering.
- Seven For All Mankind secret fit roll hem shorts are particularly special because of the extra support and smoothing they have hidden in for growing bellies. Wear them with the Hatch henley above.
- These Zara striped shirts aren't officially maternity so they'll last you through nursing and beyond. They're lightweight but silky so you can get away wearing them for both, day or night.
- Liz swears by Ingrid & Isabel scoop neck maternity tanks because of the flattering fabric.
- Neha has this Free People embroidered fable dress in black and red. It's gauzy and breathable to keep you cool and there's a tie at the waist to accentuate the bump while slimming elsewhere.
Liz Yingst is a New York-based mother, fashion buyer & stylist, and contributor to the MU community. See her picks for early pregnancy here.
Featured Image of the Free People Embroidered Fable Midi Dress